The official bit of staying at The Carpenter’s Arms
Helping you understand the rules and requirements of the Carpenters Arms
A licence agreement is a legal document to say that you are allowed to stay here. It sets out what is expected from you as a resident and what you can expect from us as staff. A member of staff will go through it with you and you will be asked to sign to show that you understand it.
How much do I have to pay to stay at The Carpenter’s Arms?
You will be asked to complete a Housing Benefit claim during your induction. To process your claim they will need:
- Proof of where you are living (your licence agreement will suffice)
- Two forms of ID (National Insurance Card, Passport, etc.)
Housing benefit does not meet the full cost of your stay and in view of that we require rent from your personal benefits but you shall be left with at least £10 per week for the few essentials we cannot provide (i.e. toiletries).
Whilst at The Carpenter’s Arms all residents will need to keep any cash in a locked cabinet within the office. This cash can then be used when going on town visits or purchasing from the Phase 2 Tuckshop.
Support meetings are held weekly. It is an opportunity to meet your Key-Worker on a one-to-one basis to ensure that we are working together in preparing you for your future.
This is a file containing but not limited to:
- Information that you have given us e.g. your name, date of birth etc.
- Housing Benefit forms
- Your licence agreement
- Resident Interaction Notes
Sharing information about you with other staff members.
Staff can share all relevant information with each other on a need-to-know basis; they will not keep secrets.
The Carpenter’s Arms is committed to providing a high quality service to all its residents and users of its services. The complaints procedure is to ensure that complaints are investigated and resolved quickly. All complaints are taken seriously and monitored.
Making a Complaint
If you have a problem you should contact a member of staff. Details of your complaint will be recorded and the complaints procedure followed.
If you are still unhappy you can make a formal complaint. In order to do this you will need to ask the manager to start the complaints procedure. Your complaint will be investigated and a response will be given within 14 days.
If you are still unhappy about the result you can appeal to the Chair of The Board:
Mr Jim Penberthy (Chair of the Board of Trustees)
C/O Carpenters Arms
Leaving the programme prematurely
When a resident leaves before completing the programme, any money he has in safekeeping will be given to him as follows:
- During office hours he will be handed any cash up to £25, but out of office hours this may have to be restricted.
If he makes contact with the centre WITHIN 24 HOURS requesting to come back immediately, he will not be allowed to return if he has used drugs or alcohol since leaving. In these circumstances he will be invited to re-apply through the normal referral process.
However, if he confirms that he has not used drugs or consumed alcohol since he left he MAY be allowed to return under the following conditions:
- He must be able to show an appropriate level of motivation, which will enable him to benefit from continuing on the programme.
- He is honest and frank about any issues that may have led him to leave prematurely.
- He returns to The Carpenter’s Arms at the time requested by the team
- He agrees to provide a urine sample and to take a breathalyser test immediately upon his return. Should the results of the urine sample or breathalyser test show a positive result then he will not be allowed to continue on the programme and will be asked to leave immediately.
Why choose the Carpenter's Arms?
Our staff team are completely committed to our programme participants
Find out how joining the Carpenters Arms programme has had a massive effect on the lives of those who have joined in and their friends and family too.
We are honoured to have received some awards for our work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to become a resident at the Carpenter’s Arms, or know someone who is please read our how to apply page for more information.
Help us make a difference to someones life!
Your donation will make a real difference, so please help however you can...